The March For Science was a nationwide event that took place on April 22, and it is a march that celebrates all things science. It gives voice to the need for public figures and government officials to enact policy and pass laws that work not simply for the good of the people, but for the good of scientific interest as a whole.
This march gave voice to the real role that science plays in our lives every single day, and it promoted the need for constant research and further involvement and funding to encourage this research that gives us such valuable insight into the world around us. Things that save lives, protect our planet, and give us medications that enable us to live well into our 90s were celebrated as hundreds of thousands of people gathered across the globe to march. People everywhere gave this movement a voice that shouted, “This planet has a life, just like us, and we are capable of ripping its life away with our actions!”
It brought a fighting voice to many of the policies President Donald Trump has enacted and repealed that will have devastating consequences on the environment, and has raised concerns as to whether or not scientists should play an active role in politics, what with many prominent political figures discrediting valid scientific foundations and facts.
The March for Science “champions and defends science and scientific integrity,” and no one else understands that concept better than the people holding these beautiful signs found at the marches across the country.
1. They Brought About Some Humor
— Andrew Brough (@BroughAJ) April 24, 2017
2. And That Humor Was Mixed With Truth
— James Wong (@Botanygeek) April 23, 2017
3. And That Truth Was Hard To Swallow
— Brian Krassenstein (@krassenstein) April 24, 2017
4. Alongside Many Reality Checks.
— angry ? (@shokufeyesib) April 23, 2017
5. But The Laughter Kept On Coming
6. While The Truths Kept On Tumbling
— The Climate Lemon (@TheClimateLemon) April 23, 2017
7. And Many Were Willing To Go To Great Lengths
— Steve Milloy (@JunkScience) April 23, 2017
8. To Stand And Pose Proudly With Their Signs.
— Holly Fιɢυeroα O'Reιlly (@AynRandPaulRyan) April 23, 2017
9. These Signs Had Brilliant Deduction Skills
— ⚛️ Paul Vermeersch ⚛️ (@PaulVermeersch) April 23, 2017
10. And Very Stark Reminders.
— Science March – SEA (@SciMarchSeattle) April 23, 2017
11. The Signs Were Honest And Real
— Rose (@rose2art) April 23, 2017
12. And Wildly Hilarious In Their Delivery.
— Matthew A. Cherry (@MatthewACherry) April 22, 2017
13. But, Science Doesn’t Discriminate
— Annie Zhang (@wecomefromstars) April 22, 2017
14. It Aligns With The Ultimate Feminists
RETWEET if you believe PROTECTING mother earth ? is our No.1 PRIORITY!
— The Hummingbird ? (@SaysHummingbird) April 22, 2017
15. To Reach To The Depths Of The Sea
— Science March Hawaii (@ScienceMarchHI) April 22, 2017
16. And Even Predict Simply Clothing Choices.
— Science Friday (@scifri) April 22, 2017
17. So, Praise Science For Your Good Health
— Kate Jeffrey (@KateJeffrey1) April 22, 2017
18. And Allow Yourself To Get Angry.
— WIRED Science (@WIREDScience) April 22, 2017
19. But, Get Ready To Fight.
— Dr. Monica Gowan (@MonicaEGowan) April 22, 2017
20. Because Donald Trump Still Doesn’t Understand…
— Anne R Kapuscinski (@ARKapuscinski) April 22, 2017
21. … The Consequences Of His Actions.
— Melissa DiG (@melissadpa) April 22, 2017
Featured image courtesy of Twitter/kathieallenmd.