Please read the job posting in full AND review our site before applying. Thank you!
TheBestStuffOnline.net (BSO) is a fast-growing, privately owned website that features, as our name implies, the best stuff online. We’re not looking for the most viral things out there, but the ABSOLUTE BEST.
We are looking for talented writers/curators who can dig up the day’s best stories from around the web and write them up quickly.
Our stories can be anywhere from 100-600 words, and they always contain media of some kind (pictures, gifs, videos, etc…).
We’re a family-friendly site, but an occasional “salty” piece is OK with a NSFW warning in the headline.
- An eye for what’s potentially viral vs. “junk” click-baity stuff.
- Knowledge of WordPress or ability to learn WordPress on your own time – we don’t train.
- Flawless grammar and spelling, able to submit clean copy.
- Minimum of three articles per week, but you can write more than that if you want (with editor approval).
- English as a first language or native English fluency.
We use Copyscape to check every work submitted. We are not interested in reprints of previously published work, though you can send previous work as a sample when you apply.
Story submissions after your first submission require pitch approval by the editorial team.
- How often you write
- How carefully you select story ideas, featured images, and headlines
- How well you promote your articles
Serious Writers Only
How to Apply
- Review our site to get a feel for what we write and our unique style.
- Send a brief writing sample (pasted in the body of the email) or a link to a previously published work that you think is similar in style to ours to thebeststuffonlinedotnet (at) gmail (dot) com. In that email address, replace (at) and (dot) with the @ and a period.
- Your writing sample can be something you’ve already written or a link to your web-published work.
- We don’t need your resume, but a list of your experience and credentials in your email is appreciated (not required).