Welcome back, everyone! For those who have made it through the week thus far, I commend you. This world is getting wild, our government is careening out of control, and sometimes it seems as if we are headed on a straight-shot path towards the center of the Sun.
But, I am here to tell you that all will be well. In this installment of Thursday Throwdown, we will be examining the world through the lens of some of the most incredible and breath-taking pictures to have ever been taken by individuals.
They will practically make you want to drain your savings account and trek around the world yourself.
But, if you long for the world of adventure without having to leave the warmth and softness of your own bed (trust me, I wholly understand the feeling), then these pictures will help you to remove yourself from your current world while immersing yourself in another… And you won’t even have to leave your seat.
Just don’t be late getting that data report in. No use losing your job over some day-dreaming.
1. This blog post full of absolutely incredible travel photos will make you want to book the next plane overseas just to go take your own.
2. If you are someone taking these wonderful photos for us, then this educating article is right up your alley!
3. This really neat article captures many people recreating their most iconic photos of their childhood in their older ages. While I’m not one to mimic my high school photos, these are fun to look at!
4. This compilation of “pictures of the day” will have your jaw dropped and your mind blown.
5. This compilation of pictures brings a very hard hit to those who do not understand what it is like to live a hard life outside of the United States. I warn you: look at these photos with caution. They are raw and they are real, and sometimes they are hard to swallow.
6. Now I know how all those brick paths are laid!! YES!
7. For those who are becoming inspired to go out and purchase an awesome camera for that Memorial Day weekend that is right around the corner, here is a one-stop-shop article for all things having to do with manipulating that beautiful camera you are about to purchase.
8. This wonderful compilation of bridge sunsets will inspire you to find your own bridge to sit under while the sky’s colors cascade amongst the clouds.
9. ALL THE BEARDS!
10. Who said abandoned things can’t be beautiful?
Featured image courtesy of Pixabay/Public Domain.