Have you ever wondered why men and women are sold virtually the exact same products at different prices and packaging? BuzzFeed recently compared both versions of the exact same products and the results were shocking.
Male vs. Female Lotion
- Men are expected to pay an extra two dimes to remind them of their masculinity.
- Women are obsessed with smoothing body marks and toning their skin.
- As long as men don’t mind smelling like cocoa butter, go ahead and pocket that extra twenty cents.
Male vs. Female Deodorant
- Men are adventurous and rugged, even when they’re removing body hair.
- Women need to be sensual at all times.
- Only men can smell like the woods and only women can smell like vanilla.
Male vs. Female Shaving
- It’s another dollar if you want that pretty pink shaving bottle, ladies.
- Women need to feel ‘radiant’ while shaving their legs.
- Women also need an extra two more blades.
- Men pay less than a dollar per razor, whereas women pay twice as much.
- Men are also better and more efficient than women, hence they only need three blades.
Male vs. Female Hair Care
- Men will pay a dollar more to smell like caffeine.
- Women are nurturing and caring.
- Men just love to smell like chemicals and women are drawn to baby powder.
Male vs. Female Face Wash
- Women are charged four more cents for a pink bottle and to smell like grapefruit.
- Here we go with the pink again.
- Men should smell like menthol while women should smell like fruit.
Male vs. Female Q-tips and Tweezers
- Men use Q-tips to clean their cars and motorcycles, because that’s what they do.
- Women are much too busy applying ointments, cleaning the home and taking care of the kids to worry about that cars.
- Men have to pay nearly twice as much for the same type of tweezers, because apparently plucking hair is much different for their gender.
Male vs. Female Soap
- Men are charged almost three more dollars just to smell like an indoor pool.
- Women are once again drawn to pink and should smell like a house.
Here’s a chart that lines these products up against each other.
So there you have it. With the exception of some scents and packaging, basically everything is the same. Just go with the cheaper version. That is, of course, the masculine Q-tips outperform the female ones when it comes to auto detailing.
Watch this video to see other reactions to these products.
Featured Image Via Alice Mongkongllite/Jon Premosch/BuzzFeed