Netflix marathoning has become a normal occurrence on weekends, holidays, and even weeknights into the wee hours of the morning. Let’s face it, this commercial-less, addictive revelation is here to stay and we’re pretty happy about it. But what happens when we’re sucked into that familiar vortex of movies and TV shows that seem to grab us and won’t let us go? If you can relate to any of these signs, you’re definitely addicted to Netflix.
1. You’re addicted if your heart drops and you break out into a sweat when an episode takes more than three seconds to load.
2. If the “are you still watching?” notification pops up more than once in one sitting, it’s safe to say that you’re addicted.
3. When Netflix tells you that the next episode will start playing in 15 seconds but you unwrap yourself from your blanket cocoon anyway to start it right away, you have a problem.
4. Do you act like it’s Christmas morning when a new season is added? You’re addicted.
5. If you’re biggest weekend plans involve hours and hours of a show you’ve already watched, you could be on your way to some serious attachment issues. This includes blowing off friends to binge watch Prison Break.
6. If you’ve lost friends over what to watch or argued about what the actual best show on Netflix is, then you should consider a 12-step program.
7. Finally, Netflix has definitely become a major part of your life when you think about characters and TV series even when you’re not watching them. It may be time for a break if you find yourself wondering what Dean Winchester would do in the middle of your day.
So maybe you are addicted, but let’s face it, we don’t really care. We love Netflix, always have, always will. Let the marathoning commence!
Image Featured Via Pexels